What I’m Reading
I’m finishing up Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and I also started A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz. I can already tell I’m either going to love or hate it. It’s different, and I can’t see anyone feeling meh about it.
Just Finished Reading
The Martian by Andy Weir! Guys, it’s so good! I seriously can’t wait to write a review of it, even though getting back into review-writing has been difficult after my long blogging break!
This Week On The Blog
Like I said, I’m still getting back into the swing of blogging regularly. I’ve missed this, but I’m still having a hard time balancing a few demands on my time.
- Some Boys by Patty Blount (e-book)
- Epic Fail by Claire LeZebnik (e-book)
- Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz (e-book and audiobook)
- Bonk by Mary Roach (Audiobook)
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Audiobook)
- The Hounds of Baskerville by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle dramatization (Audiobook)
- GEEKYCON IS THIS WEEK – I am so excited to go to panels featuring some of my favorite YA authors! And the signings (I may not be able to afford books for the rest of the year after this!). I still need to make a post about this. If I don’t, I’ll tweet my schedule.
- I can’t stop listening to this song!
- I quit NANO. I have complicated feelings toward it. It is probably worth an entire post, but I will leave it at: I think it is a good idea and great for people who just need to commit and get it done. I’ve never had trouble writing (until this year which… I had trouble bathing and sleeping I was working so much, so that wasn’t really a problem with writing). I know that I can finish a manuscript, and revise one, too. I’ve written a complete MS in less than 2 weeks before, so it’s not even the accelerated timeline of Nano. It’s just that it never lines up with my life right. I was writing new words every day for a story I do plan to finish, but that is not the best use of my time right now. I am one pass away from being ready to query a novel I’ve been working on for two years. Why am I working on a new novel when I am so close to moving on to the next step? Anyway, it was hard to make that decision, but I’m okay with Nano not being right for me right now. Maybe next time. I’ll finish the novel I started once I send out my queries. Have to fill the wait time with something.