Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish that combines lists and books. This weeks topic is… Resolutions for 2016.
I actually got really intense with my goals for the year and wrote them all out. Here are some of the goals I’d like to share:
- Read 100 books this year. I know plenty of bloggers who read more than this, and I used to hit this without trying. However, I’m coming out of a two year reading slump and I am determined to get back on that reading horse this year.
- At least half of the books I read will be actual books. I love audiobooks and think they totally count, but I have become dependent on them when I’m busy. I don’t just want to read more books, I want to make sure I’m carving time out for reading. Because reading is important.
- Write more. I have a list of projects I’d like to complete in 2016, a mix of drafting and revising. I didn’t write at all last year when I was overwhelmed by my first year of teaching. Now that I’m writing again, I am so much more at peace. I want to make sure I protect that part of my life.
- Drink more water. I’m going to drink two bottles (reusable bottles) a day for a while and then increase it from there. Again, I’m a teacher, so it’s hard since I can only go to the bathroom at very specific times. I may have to drink most of my water after school.
- Read more books written by friends seeking representation. Pitch Wars 2015 was amazing and for the first time I found a community of writers who support me. It was, and continues to be, an amazing experience, so I want to make time to read my friends’ work and give feedback.
- BLOG MORE. My goal is 3 times a week. I miss the days when I blogged every day. Maybe I’ll get there again. I miss you people!
- Comment on more blogs! Again, I miss you people.
That’s 7, not 10, but that’s as good a list as any to get me going for the new year! I can’t wait to see what everyone else is hoping to accomplish. AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!